ENHANCED SECURITY & SAFETY MEASURES AT BELL MTS PLACE
In an effort to maintain a safe and secure event environment, Bell MTS Place employs the use of magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors similar to those used at all airports) to screen all fans as they enter the venue at every point of entry. Only in unique circumstances will a pat-down or handheld wand be used, allowing guests to enter the venue as quickly as possible.
As mandated by the National Hockey League, magnetometers are used in tandem with handheld wands to conduct secondary screening as required. Additionally, as with previous patron safety and security protocols, Bell MTS Place service staff will conduct searches of all bags upon entry into the venue. In an effort to expedite entry, fans are encouraged to arrive early and travel light.
These measures are consistent with those in effect at other NHL venues, as well as NBA, MLB and NFL facilities.
As a reminder, the following items are NOT permitted into the venue:
- Professional cameras
- Audio or recording devices
- Glass bottles or cans
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any item that may be used as a weapon
- Pocket knives or blades of any kind
- Laser pointers or flashlights
- Large backpacks or bags
- Glow sticks
- Inflatables (beach balls, balloons, etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Oversize signs or banners
As part of the enhanced safety protocols at Bell MTS Place, a no re-entry policy is in effect. Re-entry exceptions, such as emergencies, childcare or medical reasons, will be determined on a case-by-case basis by event staff and security. If you need to leave the venue, please see Guest Services personnel at one of two Guest Services locations: main floor by section 103 or on the upper level by section 325.
New for the 2017-18 NHL season, True North Sports + Entertainment is pleased to welcome the addition of an EOD dog unit to the security team at Bell MTS Place. Our EOD dog trainer and his specially trained security dogs Dante and Daisy will be regulars at all Winnipeg Jets home games, providing greater protection and safety for our patrons. The use of EOD dogs is a new standard of security within the NHL and at many major venues in North America.
PROCEDURES FOR EXPEDITING ENTRY INTO BELL MTS PLACE
These enhanced security measures at Bell MTS Place are designed to expedite your entry into the venue. To ensure easy access and minimal delays, fans are encouraged to arrive early and travel light. Please note the procedures below:
- Please arrive early and allow time for the screening process
- Do not bring prohibited items to the venue (please refer to the list provided)
- Before approaching the metal detectors
- Open purses and bags for inspection
- Double check your jackets, clothing, and purses for prohibited items
- At the metal detectors:
- Guests who have medical implants, devices, or requirements should notify venue personnel upon arrival
- Please notify venue personnel if you have outside food and beverage due to dietary or medical needs
- Please wait for the green hand to appear or proceed through the detector as directed by venue personnel
- Once through, don’t forget to pick up your contents