ENHANCED SECURITY & SAFETY MEASURES AT BELL MTS PLACE
In an effort to maintain a safe and secure event environment, Bell MTS Place has introduced the use of magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors similar to those used at all airports) to screen all fans as they enter the venue at every point of entry. Only in unique circumstances will a pat-down or hand-held wands be used, allowing guests to enter the venue as quickly as possible.
As mandated by the National Hockey League, magnetometers will be used in tandem with handheld wands to conduct secondary screening as required. In addition to improved security, the new protocol is expected to improve efficiency of entry into hockey games and all other Bell MTS Place events.
Additionally, as with previous patron safety and security protocols, Bell MTS Place Service Staff will conduct searches of all bags upon entry into the venue. In an effort to expedite entry, fans are encouraged to arrive early and travel light.
These measures are consistent with those in effect at other NHL venues, as well as NBA, MLB and NFL facilities.
As a reminder, the following items are NOT permitted into the venue:
- Professional Cameras
- Audio or Recording Devices
- Glass Bottles or Cans
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Any item that may be used as a weapon
- Pocket knives or blades of any kind
- Laser pointers / Flashlights
- Large Backpacks or Bags
- Glow Sticks
- Inflatables (beach balls, balloons, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks
- Oversize signs or banners
PROCEDURES FOR EXPEDITING ENTRY INTO BELL MTS PLACE
These enhanced security measures at the Bell MTS Place are designed to expedite your entry into the venue. To ensure easy access and minimal delays, fans are encouraged to arrive early and travel light. Please note the procedures below:
- Please leave non-essential items at home, limiting your bag/purse to the maximum allowable size of 14″ x 14″ x 6″. Exceptions will be made for medical reasons and in other special circumstances. For more information on Bell MTS Place’s bag policy please visit BellMTSPlace.ca/FANGUIDE.
- Please arrive early and allow time for the screening process
- Do not bring prohibited items to the venue (please refer to the list provided)
- Before approaching the metal detectors:
- Open purses and bags for inspection
- Double check your jackets, clothing and purses for prohibited items
- Please remove your hat
- At the metal detectors:
- Guests who have medical implants, devices or requirements should notify venue personnel upon arrival
- Please notify venue personnel if you have outside food and beverage due to dietary or medical needs
- Please wait for the green hand to appear or proceed through the detector as directed by venue personnel
- Once through, don’t forget to pick up your contents.