The Manitoba Moose host their first-ever Project 11 School Day Game on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 11 a.m. against the Milwaukee Admirals.
The game is designed to provide an educational experience in a non-traditional environment, providing a learning opportunity while also allowing students to express their inner fan! During the game, your students will receive special messages from Moose players that focus on mental health and relaxation techniques, as well as hear some of their personal stories about the importance of healthy living. During the intermissions, students will be entertained by videos and activities.
Ace Burpee is excited to be returning for his second Project 11 Game as co-host. As one of Winnipeg’s most known radio personalities, for over a decade Ace has volunteered his time to many community causes. This includes nearly a decade as an ambassador for Project 11. His positivity and sense of humour make him the perfect candidate to hang out with and entertain all the students at the Manitoba Moose Project 11 School Day Game.
Tickets for the game are only $8 per person and your classroom/group will all be seated together. Outlined below is the process for securing your tickets:
- Register your class/group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: SCHOOL GAME REGISTRATION and provide the following details (priority will be based on the date and time registration is received):
– First/Last Name
– School Name
– Phone Number
– Grade Level
– Anticipated number of tickets required
– Please detail any special ticketing requests i.e. accessible seating
- Within 48 hours, you will receive a confirmation email indicating the section of your reserved seats (subject to availability).
- Send permission slips home for parental signatures
- Send the confirmed number of tickets and number of pre-order lunches (see details below) required by Thursday, Nov. 17 @ 12 p.m. (please include any dietary concerns/preferences i.e. gluten free, vegetarian)
- Your order will then be processed and the tickets will be delivered to your school the week of Nov. 21. Payment by cash or cheque (made out to Manitoba Moose Hockey Club) must be collected at the time of ticket delivery.
Students will be permitted to bring their own lunch to the event. Alternatively, we are offering a pre-purchased lunch for $8 which will include a hot dog, small popcorn, chocolate chip cookie, and a juice box. Alternative options will be available to accommodate gluten-free and vegetarian preferences.
Limited concessions will be open during the game for students and staff who bring cash/debit for individual purchases.
You must communicate the number of pre-order lunches your class would like at the same time you confirm your ticket order. Students purchasing pre-order lunches will receive individual vouchers that will be redeemed at a designated pick-up location on the concourse during the game. Students can either go individually to redeem their voucher or a staff/parent volunteer can pick up the pre-ordered lunches for the group.
Schools are responsible for their own transportation – we will provide a comprehensive bussing plan closer to the game date that will include an assigned drop-off location and time as well as an assigned pick-up location and time.
Further details about the Project 11 School Day Game will be provided closer to the game day for all schools who have purchased blocks of tickets.
We look forward to hosting your classroom!